Welcome to Banzai
What we collect
We may collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
Information you provide
We may collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including information like your name, email address, employer, payment information, or phone number when you submit them to us, which we may also associate with an account that you create.
You may choose to give us your contacts for use by the Services in doing things like inviting individuals to an event or reminding them to come. To the extent that you disclose to us any personal information of another individual, you represent that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure of such personal information, as well as the processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Things you do
We may also collect information about how you use our Services or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may log the websites you visit before or after our Websites and whether you have opened or forwarded our e-mails.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices you use to access the Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. Here are some examples of the device information we may collect:
• Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers;
Device location, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; and
Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from third-party partners. We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Site from third-party partners, such as analytics from Google.
Cookies and other technologies
We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags in our Services and third party services. For example, cookies help us with things like understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
Feedback and Support
You may also choose to provide feedback on our Services or contact us for support, and we will keep a record of that communication.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from our Services to:
• Provide, maintain, promote, protect, and improve the Services, to develop new ones, and to protect Banzai and our users. Our Services include use by customers that are promoting their events, webinars, or are otherwise contacting you, and we may use information that you submit to provide those Services to our customers.
• Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
• Communicate with individuals, including via email, text message, social media and/or telephone calls;
• Ask individuals to complete surveys about our organization, organizations we partner with, and the Services;
• Market to individuals, including through email, direct mail, phone, or text message;
• Provide you with news, special offers, and general information about goods, services, and events you may be interested in;
• Administer, improve, and personalize our Services, including by recognizing an individual and remembering their information when they return to our Site.
• Facilitate client benefits and services, including customer support;
• Conduct research and analytics on our client base and our Services;
• Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of customers and individuals we interact with;
• Test, enhance, update, and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
• Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets, and business;
• Defend, protect, or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
• Prevent, investigate, or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity; and
• Comply with legal obligations.
• We provide more information on several of these uses below.
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms, unless you opt out. (See “How to Opt Out of Email Communications”). We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Cookies and other technologies
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services.
We’ll retain information for as long it is reasonably necessary to do so for the uses described above. We may also keep aggregated data even if we deprecate the Services.
With whom we share information
We may share information as discussed below.
If you use our Services through an account purchased for your use by an organization (“Your Organization”), we may share your account, activity, information that you submit to the Services, and anything else we collect about you with your Organization. You explicitly acknowledge that you understand that Your Organization has complete control over your use of the Services and may be able to access any information about you or your account. Some of our Services display information like your name and Your Organization to other users. For example, your administrator or others in Your Organization may be able to see events that you are working on.
Our Service Providers
We use certain tools, platforms, and technologies built by third parties in our product (for example, cloud hosting providers). We may share information with those third parties in using their services.
Our Customers and their Service Providers
Certain features may let you make additional information available to others; please ensure that you carefully consider which features you opt into.
Others Working for Banzai
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal.
With Your Consent
We may get your consent to share personal information about you with additional third parties or other users.
Law & Order
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Banzai or our users; or (d) protect Banzai’s property rights.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information
We may also use and share information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular individuals, for example, information that has been aggregated with other records.
How to opt out of email communications
To stop receiving notifications or promotions, please click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email or write to email@example.com. For users in the European Economic Area (including the EU, the UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) and Switzerland (the “EEA”), we will send you marketing communications only with your prior consent. Please see the section “GDPR: Information For EEA Users” below.
Storage and security
We use industry standard technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect your data. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breach will never occur. In the event of a breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify affected individuals in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
De-activating your account or deleting your personal data
You can choose to deactivate your account so that you are no longer included in the Service. You may also request that Banzai delete information about you. You can request deactivation or deletion by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Policy, this Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the Personal Information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
GDPR: Information for EEA users
What rights do I have?
Individuals located in the EEA have certain rights with respect to personal data, and Banzai respects these rights, including:
• The right of access to your personal data;
• The right to correct or rectify any inaccurate personal data;
• The right to restrict or oppose processing of personal data;
• The right to erase your personal data;
• The right to personal data portability; and
• The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority.
As described in this Policy, when Banzai processes your data at the direction of one of our customers, we act as their Processor and comply with requests they send us under GDPR. As a Banzai user, we rely on your consent as a lawful basis for processing personal data to provide you with marketing or promotional communications.
In addition, we process personal data to provide you the Services described in this document and elsewhere on the Services including to enable the Service to function as expected and to communicate with you in response to customer service inquiries and to deliver non-promotional, service-related emails.
Additionally, we process personal data based on our “legitimate interests” in providing you the Service as described in this document including to provide you with access to company-sponsored events. In some cases, Banzai may process personal data pursuant to a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
How may I exercise my individual rights?
Banzai account holders may exercise their rights regarding their personal data as follows:
• You can access your personal data through your account settings in the Banzai platform or by contacting us to request a personal data report at email@example.com;
• You may withdraw your consent to receive cookies by adjusting your browser settings;
• You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within email updates from Banzai or our customers and changing your contact preferences.
• Please note, you will continue to receive essential account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails; and
• You can request deletion of your data as described in the section “De-Activating • • Your Account or Deleting Your Personal Data.”
• You can opt-out by filling out the Banzai Privacy Request form.
Users located within the EEA may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or requests regarding their personal data. Please note that Banzai may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any personal or account information.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority (i.e., supervisory authority). If you are based in the EEA, information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available here. However, we encourage you to first reach out to us by using the contact details set out in the “Contact Us” section above so that you have an opportunity to address your concerns directly and so that we may find a solution together before you do lodge a complaint.
If you have questions or concerns about Banzai, our Services and privacy, or if you wish to remove any of your personal information from our records, please contact us at email@example.com or:
Banzai International, Inc.
101 Yesler Way, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98104.
June '21 - UPDATE: To demonstrate our commitment to the GDPR (cf. Article 37), Banzai has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who, amongst other things, monitors and assists us with our ongoing GDPR compliance. If you have questions regarding our GDPR efforts or your GDPR rights, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
EU DATA Representative
Data Processor has designated an EU Represented as follows: Osano International, Compliance Services Limited, ATTN: 96FM 25/28 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, D01 H104 IRELAND. Residents of the EU may contact our EU Data Representative for any questions and concerns regarding data protection.